It’s that time of year again….. and if you are anything like us you usually wait until the last minute to do all that X’mas shopping, walking around Orchard road with 100,000 other people whilst completely freaking out about what the heck you are going to buy for everyone you love….
Well we have decided to try and be a bit more organised this year to avoid that crazy last minute rush (it’s just too stressful)…. so here is our guide to Christmas shopping in Singapore!
BUYING PRESSIES for…
Obviously it will depend on his likes/ interests and personality, however here is some inspiration to get you started (we personally find our lover boys to be the hardest to buy gifts for… argh!)
1. For the CLASSIC man:
Dunhill, Montblanc, Zegna are all good bets! Start at Ion Singapore for Zegna, and then work your way to Ngee Ann City for Dunhill and Montblanc.
2. For the INDIE man: Remember that t-shirts store called b2b we blogged about earlier this year (check out our previous post here)? If you are in Bugis, we think that store is a good bet.
OR Make him your own designed t-shirt from Threadless – pretty cool and he has to love it given you made it for him! go to http://beta.threadless.com/
3. For the GEEKY man: Get him either an iTunes voucher (if he is a MAC fan), or buy him a subscription to WIRED/ TOP GEAR / SCIENCE ILLUSTRATED / TORQUE magazine subscription. Even better, if he has an Ipad, buy him the subscription via iTunes (good last minute gift idea!)
For the Singapore magazines, you can subscribe online here:
4. For the FOODIE man: Get him as much meat as possible from “The Butcher” (click here for more details) gift card – that way he can eat as much meat as he likes! Given how expensive it is for a steak in Singapore, we think this is a pretty generous gift!
5. For the ALCO man: get him a home beer brewing kit – genius! You can even make ginger beer!
http://www.ibrew.com.sg/ for the Coopers beer kit and ginger beer kit; or
http://www.homebrew.com.sg/ for a more diverse selection of beers…
6. For the “BEAR GRYLLS WANNABE MAN”: “adventure” gift cards in Singapore – he can go Zorbing, attend “survival days”, kayaking, laser shooting, clay pigeon shooting…
7. For the FASHIONABLE man: this online store called Indochino is pretty fashionable for men! The only problem is getting it shipped to you by Christmas…. not going to happen but a great gift idea nonetheless! Click here http://www.indochino.com/collection/Accessories
8. For the PILOT WANNABE man: Carmen bought this experience for her man for his birthday a few months ago – it’s a great gift for anyone who has ever wanted to learn to fly a Boeing 747 before….. the simulator is so realistic (real pilots use this!) so we can highly recommend! Girlfriend/ wife gets to sit at the back and watch your man pretend to be a pilot so it’s fun for both!
The GIRLFRIENDS/ SISTERS/ MUMS!
1. Gorgeous accessories from:
Or try the blackground at Far East Plaza (you could buy her a cute tote bag), two.o.ri at Seng Poh Lane (lots of possibilities here, from cute mugs to gorgeous leather bags & upcycled jewellery), Nana & Bird (again, gorgeous jewellery and accessories here), Fleas and Treas for the vintage fashionista, Editor’s market at Orchard Central (they have House of Harlow jewellery here which makes nice gifts)… the options are endless!
2. Handmade journals from Minds shop – and you will be giving to charity at the same time (providing employment for the intellectually disabled). Carmen bought some of these from their pop up store in Orchard Central (ground floor at the back – open until end of December) – the quality is amazing and they are unique. Priced up to $12 each which is really reasonable.
For further details on the charity click here3. Cute envelope clutch bags, pencil cases, cosmetic bags from My Diary at Far East Plaza – they come in all different sizes and colours
4. Spa vouchers… who doesn’t need spa vouchers?!
5. Scented candles – who doesn’t love these? Check out these unique handmade in Singapore candles which even include anti-mosquito scents (who doesn’t need that in SIngapore?!). Click here to buy – you will receive before Christmas too if you order before the 20th Dec!