Not sure what to do this Easter weekend? This is a bit of a plug as Carmen will be there with surviveSG.com, but hey we think it’s worth telling you about and you can always just pop by to say hello and talk about fashion in SG! 🙂
surviveSG.com will be at the Bukit Timah Community Club’s monthly market this Sunday (March 31st) – from 10am until 5pm.
Address: Bukit Timah Community Club; 20 Toh Yi Drive, 596569 – there is parking off Toh Yi Drive.
What will they be selling?
High quality organic & natural products that have been specifically selected to combat the humidity and other factors in Singapore. We’re also talking about products that generally are not easy to find (forget finding these products in Watsons!)
- original mineral O&M hair serum with Argan oil and Macadamia nut oil to combat hair frizz in Singapore – an awesome Australian product – Cameron Diaz, Miranda Kerr and Rachel Zoe are fans.
- all natural mosquito repellant products: patches, candles, anti-bug balm, twist up sticks, scented room gels
- badger balm products: organic sunscreen (with no nasty chemicals – this is known to be one of the safest on the market) for babies and adults, after sun balms, sleep balms for kids and adults, stress and headache soothers – all natural!! Also selling gift packs!
- red flower face mists – this brand has a serious celebrity cult following with the likes of Heidi Klum, Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway and Scarlet Johansson.
- totes umbrellas – fun designs and with a lifetime guarantee!
- intelligent nutrients shampoo, conditioner and body gels – created by the co-founder of AVEDA, there are some women in Singapore that swear by this product!
- also selling cosmetics that will amaze you!
And you can try all of their products out at the stall before you buy…
There will be other local vendors selling accessories, clothing and other goodies too – so come along and support local businesses in Singapore!!
What else is in the area?
After visiting the market, we recommend the following places which are nearby and worth checking out!
Grab a treat from the bakery, lunch or a coffee at Carpenter & Cook (3 minute walk from the market!). They also sell vintage homewares!
Sixth Avenue, Bukit Timah (10 minute drive from the market)
If you have never visited, we highly recommend Brazil Churrasco (it’s where the Brazilians in Singapore go!) and Casa Roma for fantastic Italian including wood fired pizzas (just as good as Pepperoni’s in our opinion and the service is excellent!)
TIP: Park at Guthrie house opposite Sixth Avenue and walk across.
Ever been to the Grandstand before in Bukit Timah? It’s the former Turf Club that used to house avid horse racing spectators! Now it’s becoming one of THE destinations in Bukit Timah! (10 minute drive from the market)
Address: 200 Turf Club Road (Free parking!)
Valentino’s restaurant (Italian) has relocated here. We also recommend MAD (Modern Asian Diner) which has some great food at reasonable prices and is family friendly (the kids will love it). They serve both Chinese and Western food. It’s also fun ordering via an ipad and service was great the last time Carmen visited. Cocktails are also very good if you interested (by the same guys that introduced Bar Stories to Singapore) – highly recommend the Strawberry Shortcake!! Here is MAD below:
Omakase burger is also worth a mention. On their menu board for sides: “Every burger needs a sidekick”. Every time we walk past this place is jam packed – which is a good sign!
Maison Kayser also has a bakery outlet here and twelve cupcakes is worth a visit also!
And to top it off there is a PasarBella (70 independent gourmet grocers all under the one place – think farmer’s market style!) so you can finish off with a bit of grocery shopping!